Building a tribe of followers is essential to a growing ministry and evangelism.
Tribe members help achieve the tribe mission.
Tribe members help reach out and encourage others to get involved.
Building a Tribe Essentials
Following are 10 ways for building a tribe with humility and compassion.
- Define the tribe’s path. Identify goals and expectations for the future. Talk about what members need to do to get them where they want to go. Write it in a story that represents the values of the tribe.
- Show tribe members you are passionate about the success of the tribe. This is what you want to do. Be the real you – be genuine. Be there for them. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Respect people people.
- Develop a method to gather information about what the tribe wants and needs. Ensure the tribe knows what it needs to grow.
- Help your tribe see that all things are possible with God. Don’t just quote scripture, give it meaning. Use simple concepts to help members understand. Break things down and explain what is behind the messages. Encourage feedback.
- Identify shared values based on God’s Word. Relax how these values help the tribe and the individual members reach goals. Get the members involved in helping build the tribe’s identity.
- Facilitate a process for members to get what they need most.
- Use you’re role as tribe leader to mentor and encourage tribe members. Enrich their lives.
- Establish God-sized goals. Set goals that seem to hard to achieve. Set Goals that live in God’s blessing. Set goals that give God the glory.
- Be accessible to tribe members. Show tribe members you appreciate them. Show that you love them.
- Over-communicate with tribe members. Touch time in ways they don’t expect. Encourage members to communicate with others.
What About You
Do you think building a tribe is important.
Tell us about your experience.
What suggestions do you have to help others in building a tribe?