Do You Want to Build an Audience?
To build an audience of followers is essential to grow your ministry and evangelism. Remember that to grow an audience is not primarily for you but for them. yes, there are benefits for you, but these are secondary.
My Build an Audience Essentials
Following are 10 must-do tasks to build an audience with humility and compassion.
- Define a path. Identify goals and expectations for the future. Talk about what members need to do to get them where they want to go. Write it in a story that represents the values of the audience.
- Show people you are passionate about the success. This is what you want to do. Be the real you – be genuine. Be there for them. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Respect people people.
- Develop a method to gather information about what the audience wants and needs. Ensure the audience knows what it needs to grow.
- Help people see that all things are possible with God. Don’t just quote scripture, give it meaning. Use simple concepts to help members understand. Break things down and explain what is behind the messages. Encourage feedback.
- Identify shared values based on God’s Word. Relay how these values help them reach goals. Get the audience members involved in helping build an identity.
- Facilitate a process for audience members to get what they need most.
- Use your role as leader to mentor and encourage them. Enrich their lives.
- Establish God-sized goals. Set goals that seem to hard to achieve. Set Goals that live in God’s blessing. Set goals that give God the glory.
- Be accessible to people. Show audience members you appreciate them. Show that you love them.
- Over-communicate. Touch them in ways they don’t expect. Encourage them to communicate with others.
What About You?
Do you think making an effort to build an audience is important.
Tell us about your experience.
What suggestions do you have to help others build an audience?